In a Moment of Nirvana


by Victor Thoudam 

My eyes opened to the fields wide open
Standing in the midst of eastward breeze I see the birds
Dancing
In the rays of the sun
Jumping, its tiny legs
On the branches of the bamboos, and
The enchanting song of ‘Heirangkhoinida’
Sweep across my ears
Which was exiled from my heart
To the quagmire of skeletons,
Touches me deeply, holds me firmly
In the transcendental Nirvana
But a moment later
Like ashes of  a broken angel
I fell down, tossed by the wind
With the soil I sleep together
Kissing the night in the tunnel of fog.
Waking up with the meaningless sunrise
I journey along the river current
Like momentary froth
That vanishes without telling anyone
But you never wanted to talk to me
So maybe I vanish for
In the atmosphere of absurdity

How would I not mourn to the shrill
When the harmony is disturbed
How would I not echo my pangs
When the tune is distorted
How would I speak to Sanamacha’s mother
Waiting for her beloved son
To return, for ages,
Wearing a tattered Lanjam Phanek?

Oh! Monsoon rain the harbinger of hope
With your shower ripens the mango
With your shower the farmer quenches his thirst
Would you please shower us the nectar
That turns guns into ashes
That carves the crafts of ‘Heirangkhoinida’
Into every heart
Would it not be a pleasure
To see the Nong-Yen catching
The dazzling rain drops
With the innocent children
Singing the song of ‘Hanuba-Hanubi Taotharo’

But I am just a traveler
Who appear in a blink
and disappears in the next
And also just a creature
Who is easily carried
By a whispers of current
My dream is just a mere dream
Of being lost in a transcendental Nirvana
Who visions in some false images
In the atmosphere of absurdity
And I will ever remain like the  froth
Who hasn’t learnt
How to ask the waiting mother
How are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment